Saturday, August 17, 2019

4290. Visit a Winery in Tennessee

The hubby wanted to go to Jack Daniels Distillery but he didn't want to do the tasting tour. Our conversation went something like this.

The hubby: I don't like whiskey
Me: But come on, it's Jack's.
Hubby: Nope
Me: Just do it. You'll like it.
Hubby: It's like drinking lighter fluid. It burns.
Me: Fine whatever.. then we are going to the Lynchburg Winery and I am doing the wine tasting.

He gets to tour the distillery later in the day and I get to go to a winery. Win-win.

Lynchburg is in Moore County.. one of the dry counties in Tennessee. I was surprised to find a winery in Lynchburg, let alone be able to taste and buy wine. I'm not complaining. I am on a mission to hit a winery in every state and this one made it easy.

Lynchburg winery is a small winery located in the square downtown Lynchburg. The moonshine tasting is next door, in case you're still thirsty. You get 5 samples for $5 plus you get to keep the glass. It is probably the smallest wine glass I own.

They offer 14 different wines but were out of two. Don't ask me where they get their grapes or if they actually produce their own wines on site. I was there to taste. I don't care that much about the details. Besides the gal behind the counter probably wasn't very knowledgeable. Maybe I should have tested her.

My five wines were all sweet or semi-sweet.



Southern Tradition Red Muscadine -- It wasn't bad. I still prefer my red from St. Augustine.

Ruby Red Slippers Moscato -- A Girly wine if I have to say. Quite tasty and smooth. This one came home with us. The hubby probably won't like it.. too girly.



Serendipity -- This was their Signature Southern wine.. a sweet Muscadine. It was good but didn't wow me. I learned I am not a big fan of Muscadines.

Just Peachy -- I tried to get the hubby to try this one but he refused. Apparently 10 AM is too early for wine tasting for him. It was a decent peach. The peach from Vines to Cellar is still my favorite I think.

Lynchburg Black -- This is the other one I wanted the hubby to try since he likes blackberry wine. It was good but Basil's is better. I think I'm becoming a wine snob. If the hubby would have tried this and liked, I probably would have bought back a bottle.

Overall not a bad little winery. It is a good time killer if you have extra time in Lynchburg. If we were ever back in Lynchburg, I would pick up another bottle of Ruby Red Slippers.

No comments:

Post a Comment