Saturday, April 21, 2018

Go Grocery Shopping... Meet a Packer

My brother texted me earlier in the week and asked if I knew when LeRoy Butler was going to be in Neenah. My reaction was "LeRoy Butler is going in Neenah???" After a few minutes of Googling, I found that he was indeed going to be in Neenah at Pick n Save from 12-2 signing recipe cards. Guess I was going to Pick n Save in Neenah.

After a nice lunch with some friends and a quick stop at Kohls to spend Kohl's cash, I ended up at Pick n Save. I HAD to pick up a few specials they were running anyways. It wasn't like I wasn't going to go to Pick n Save today... I just went to the one in Neenah instead of the one 5 minutes from my house.

I walked into the store, which I think I may have been in once or twice before, and was greeted by a lady asking if I was here to see LeRoy Butler. Duh, of course. She steered me over to the table he had set up with his recipe book and other pictures. She asked if I wanted my picture taken and "made" me to sign a waiver to be able to use my picture on social media. Hello, I won't want my picture taken if I knew there was a chance it was going to be all over social media.



LeRoy was busy talking to a father and two kids when I got in line. He finished up with them, took my picture, signed a few recipe cards, and off I went to pick up my groceries. I would have loved to ask him about his favorite recipes but another lady was already monopolizing his time. The hubby and him would have had a nice chat. LeRoy is just that kind of guy.



I am glad my brother informed me about this.. kind of amused Danielle failed to mention that hey a Packer is going to be at my store. He had to reschedule due to getting stuck in the blizzard (even though The Roy Butler doesn't cancel....). The hubby now has some recipe cards to add to his quite unique collection and I got to meet a very nice Packer. Win-win for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment