Saturday, August 29, 2015

# 3883 Go to the NEW Zoo in Green Bay



I’ve been living in the Valley for 10 years and never once have been to the NEW Zoo in Green Bay which is no more than a 45 minute drive.  The hubby isn’t big on zoos and I’d rather hang out at a ball diamond and read then wander around a zoo. I know…what an exciting life I lead. I tried to go last year but it was closing early due to Boo at the Zoo and the website had that information hidden on same side page. So when I started planning this bucket list adventure day, I knew the NEW Zoo was one of the things I wanted to do…mainly to say I’ve been there.


I have been to the Milwaukee County Zoo numerous times and it is a great zoo. The NEW Zoo is a lot smaller. Honestly, it was not that exciting. I don’t know if it was because it was so hot that a lot of the animals were not very active or if it was because I am used to the Milwaukee Zoo. 


My brother said we were going to over to the Australia area and I asked if we were going to see kangaroos. No. Koalas? No. Wallabies? No.  So what was there? Emus. That was it for the Australia area. An emu or two in an enclosure with other birds. I think there was a kookaburra too.

I saw lots of birds. I fed a giraffe. The red panda was pretty cool. The bald eagle was pretty impressive. The otters were at least swimming. The penguins, despite the heat, were out. Everything else was sleeping or hiding. 

For $7, it wasn’t that bad of a zoo. If it was any more to get in, I might think it wasn’t worth it. Now if you have a season pass and can wander the zoo whenever you want, that’s a pretty good investment. If you have kids, it is a nice zoo to learn about animals. It is small enough that the little ones won’t get cranky before you finish. There is a little play area and a small restaurant. For me it was too small and there weren’t enough animals. If I want to go to a zoo, I want to be able to spend a couple hours there and see many different animals.  Despite it being a small zoo with not a lot of variety, I would visit again especially if it wasn’t so hot and the animals were more active.




No comments:

Post a Comment